Watson Lake/Granite Dells, Prescott AZ.

February 20, 2010
By

There are hundreds of amazing places to explore and photograph in Arizona and because of that places like Watson Lake/Granite Dells tend to get overlooked.  If you are ever in the Prescott area the Dells is a must see.  It’s such a beautifully picturesque spot.  The juxtaposition of giant granite boulders and small lake in the middle of the high desert is just incredible.  I’m lucky enough to live just a few miles away from the Dells so I tend to do a lot of shooting there.  The area changes with the seasons and it’s always fun to explore.

The quickest and easiest way into the Dells is by going to Watson Lake Park.  The park takes you right up to the lake and links up with the Peavine Trail which runs around most of the lake.

Tags: , , , , ,

8 Responses to Watson Lake/Granite Dells, Prescott AZ.

1. February 20, 2010 at 7:12 pm

great winter/summer shots. truly a beautiful place!

2. February 20, 2010 at 7:12 pm

of the Dells I mean

3. September 23, 2010 at 11:15 am

Hello Josh,
    I came accross your photos of the Dells and I am amazed at the way you have captured the area. I am redoing my web site with photos from around the Prescott area and was wondering if I might use some of yours.
    Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Dale McCall

4. March 7, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I was doing some research about Prescott for my blog and came across your photos…. absolutely incredibly beautiful. We so enjoyed our day in Prescott and especially the Granite Dells.
    Linda´s last [type] ..A jewel of a small townAshland WI

5. karen wherley
    July 16, 2011 at 5:29 pm

hi Josh. wow, i loved the photos. we have a fixer-upper in the dells and would love to purchase your photos so i could have one enlarged to hang in our home when it finaly gets completed. please let me know. thanks, karen

6. July 17, 2011 at 8:33 am

You can stop by the Ian Russell Gallery on Whiskey Row to inquire about Josh’s images of the Dells and also see what Rich has to offer as well.
    Rich Charpentier´s last [type] ..Check your gear now and then….might just save you some grief

7. Marlene Dietz
    August 7, 2012 at 10:11 am

My family lived in Prescott one summer over 50 years ago and I swam with some friends at the Dells – truly a beautiful place!

8. July 27, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Hi, we live in Phoenix and I’ve never been to that area around Prescott. We are planning to head up tomorrow and check this lake and the riparian preserve out. Hope to get some photos as gorgeous as yours…very unique landscape.
    Candace´s last [type] ..Summer in the City